Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Archipelago/ Second visit


I sent Mike an email in the New Year to arrange a second studio visit so I could show him my portfolio.


He gave me a day and time and said it might alter slightly as he was very busy over January and February. I really appreciated the fact that he was finding time to see me.




Mike emailed me to change the day of our meeting to give us more time, which again was much appreciated.




I thought id best check that I was still ok to go and see Mike incase he was busy.


I went to go and see Mike and I took my first ever portfolio with me. I felt so much more confident knowing not only was Mike so lovely and easy to talk to but I finally had a body of work that I was proud to call my own! I turned up and we had a quick catch up on life and uni then he asked to see my work. I got it out and I started to talk through it. It was so easy and I was so confident! I proudly showed him my work and after he said how much my confidence had grown and he was really pleased to see all of my great work. I was over the moon. We then spoke about the portfolio and the layout of the work, as I wanted to be sure that it was perfect, he said he really liked the layout and the portfolio looked great. He told me to get in contact with more studios and show them what I can do. I am so proud of myself to have gone back and shown him my work even after the disaster of the last visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment