Tuesday 16 April 2013

Robot Food/ It started with a tweet


I found Robot Food whilst Googling packaging studios in Leeds and had a quick look on their website. I absolutely loved their work and actually got quite excited! Not to mention the fact they re branded Jammie Dodgers! There was one particular piece of work of theirs that I really liked so I decided to follow them on Twitter and tweet them.


This is the work I tweeted them about, I really liked the logo design and the simplicity of the packaging. 


This is the first tweet I tweeted them :)


This is what they tweeted back.


My tweet back. Then I got clever and tweeted them a picture of my chocolate packaging from the module before Christmas.



They liked it and asked to see more, so I gave them what they wanted!


Heres the second picture I sent them, I didnt want to show them too much. So just a few sneaky peaks of parts of the brief.


They really liked my work and invited me in to say Hi. WOW. I couldnt believe id sorted myself a studio visit by tweeting.

I tried to keep in contact over the few weeks before visiting them as I didnt want them to forget me. So on an evening id gone for a walk to show my boyfriend where the studio was and saw one of their stickers stuck to a concrete post, so I took a picture and tweeted them.



I tweeted them to arrange a day where I could go and visit them and take my portfolio.


Sorted out a time and date.


They told me to bring some more work with me, very exciting as it meant they were interested!


Unfortunately I had arranged to see them very close to the dissertation deadline and had to ask to rearrange my visit as I was far to stressed out to go and see them.


Luckily they were fine with it and told me to let them know when I was free. Phew.


Finally sorted my life out and tweeted them again in March to see if I could still go in. Of course they said yes and said they were looking forward to seeing my work :)


Sorted out another date and made sure I stuck to it this time. I think the reason I had cancelled on them last time was because I had arranged to see Mike at The Archipelago on the same day and had overwhelmed myself. I was also very nervous to go and see them after seeing the amazing work they produce as a studio.



Just checked if we were still ok to meet.




















No comments:

Post a Comment