Saturday 22 October 2011

Good is: Revised Rationale two..

After having a feedback crit with my peers and looking at my initial concept boards, I have revised my rationale to suit my changed idea for the brief based on the feedback I recieved from my peers.

Good is polka dots in contemporary fashion//

Why?//

- Polka dots have been used in fashion for well over 150 years.

- They have had a huge influence in fashion throughout the years, including mens, womens and childrens wear.

- Now they have come back into fashion and can be found on more than just clothing. Homeware is now a big market for the polka dot.

- There are such a huge variety of polka dot patterns which means there is a polka dot for everyone. These vary from small dots and large spaces to large dots and small spaces etc.

- The way in which the polka dot is being applied in fashion means that it is evolving to fit in with modern culture, it is also bringing back the vintage look as the polka dot was a huge fashion unfluence in the 1930s- 50s.

I intend to/ inform, instruct, persuade, direct, educate, promote to//

- I intend to promote the polka dot within contemporary fashion. I want people to understand why it is a huge influence in fashion and how it can be diversly used. I would also like to educate people the history of the polka dot in fashion to see how it has evolved and adapted.

A group of/ Identify your specific audience or context//

- My target audience will be fashion enthusiasts who attend/ are interested in London Fashion Week. I want my target audience to be focused around the age of 16-30 year olds. I am aiming my project at this age as they are the younger generation who will have the biggest opportunity to really put the polka dot back on the fashion map in a modern age. They have the chance to change the way it is used in fashion and make it a pattern that is used massively in contemporary fashion.

That/ State your message, idea or concept//

- I am going to try and communicate the importance and huge influence the polka dot pattern is having in contemporary fashion. By doing this I hope to influence the younger fashion generation to continue to use the polka dot in fashion but by adding a modern twist to it. I do believe that the polka dot has the ability to evolve and adapt to modern fashion and therefore it keeps itself in fashion. Often people say that by wearing polka dot clothing today makes them look 'vintage', the polka dot needs to be made its own thing again within fashion today, rather than always being associated with an older fashion generation.

In order to achieve this I will produce/ Specify at this time what you want to produce, the method of delivery, distribution, the context in which it will be viewed//

- I am wanting to create a polka dot promotion brand, that purely promotes the use of the polka dot in contemporary fashion. I will create a look book that shows the different polka dot patterns and fashions that they have been used in. The look book will allow me to look at editorial design and the different ways in which I can use print to produce the final product. I also want to propose billboard designs that will promote the polka dot in association with London Fashion week. I aim to create promotional material such as flyers and mailshots to send to the target audiences of London Fashion week. They will contain information about the polka dot. I want to produce fairly simple designs that really capture peoples attention, this is where print becomes important. My products will be viewed within and around London Fashion week, I will propose the use of a stall and a catwalk specifically for polka dots.

Range/ What range of deliverables will you produce, propose//

- I will be proposing  a catwalk set up, which will include large posters or printed stickers for the catwalk. I will have my look book that will be packaged and given out during the Fashion week. The billboard is another deliverable I am going to look into. I could also have large scale posters created that would be placed on buildings around fashion stores to promote the polka dot at London Fashion Week.

Context/ Define the context in which your products will exist, be viewed//

- I am using London Fashion Week as a way of promoting polka dots within contemporary fashion. This week is a huge fashion event held every year in London where all the top fashion designers and new and upcoming designers come to 'showcase' their latest designs. This is where new trends are set, if I can make an impact during this week then whose to say that next year the polka dot could play a whole new role within fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment