Sunday 22 April 2012

OUGD205// Image: End of module self evaluation..

1// What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

If I am being completely honest I dont feel like I have gained anything from this module. I havent developed any drawing skills or learnt anything.

2// What approaches to/ methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I think I may have developed my illustration skills and different methods of delivery. In one brief I made a pack of postcards to sell, it was good to try something different.


3// What strengths can you identify in your work and how will you capitalise on these?

My illustration skills have developed well throughout this module which will help in any future digital or print based briefs. I can now further develop my skills to push and challenge myself.

4// What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

The whole module has been a weakness for me. I have really let myself down, from the start I didnt put any effort in and it continued this way throughout. I am disappointed in myself that I didnt try harder as I know that I am not going to do well. My time management has been terrible, as I have tried to complete near enough the whole module in the last three weeks, where I have been faced with a back log of all the briefs. This means that I have rushed briefs and not taken the time to experiment, analyise and improve any of my designs.

I have not met any of the module criteria and I am now dreading recieving my grade as I do fear I may fail. I never want to have this attitude towards a module again and I will address this by learning from this module.
5// Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1. Be more punctual, I have missed at least two sessions. The reasoning is because I coudlnt be bothered. I need to remember why I am on the course and why I was chosen. I am wasting an opportunity.
2. Do the work when I get it and dont leave it till hand in day. The biggest mistake I have made in this module was letting myself get behind. The past 3 weeks I feel like I have been drowning. All I managed to do was stress myself out when it was not necessary.
3. Research more and try out different design processes. I have not done any where near enough research for this module, some briefs I did not complete any research and for the ones that I have, I could have done so much more.
4. Try harder. I know that I have not tried in this module and I do not even have a valid reason for why I havent. All I can do next time is make sure I put in the effort. I will only get out of it what I out into it!
5. Make sure I do everything that I need to do. Part of this module was to keep a visual diary, which I havent done.

Attendance: 3
Punctuality: 2
Motivation: 1
Commitment: 1
Quantity of work produced: 2
Quality of work produced: 2
Contribution to the group: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment