Thursday 31 March 2011

Interim Self-evaluation...

List 5 practical skills that you have developed. When have they proved useful?

1. Screen printing: I screen printed once at college and really enjoyed it, after having the inductions at both college sites, it was definetly something i wanted to incorporate into a brief, which i did in the last group brief. I screen printed posters and they looked really good and i enjoyed myself.

2. Learning all the new software has helped me a lot throughout a lot of the briefs and my designs, i feel comfortable using almost all of the ones i have learnt.

3. Making hotdog books was fun and i think it is a good way to present ideas and work, i even taught my younger brother whose doing Art GCSE to make them, he thought it was a good idea.

4. I learnt how to cook for myself, sometimes it can be a mish mash of stuff, but it tastes good. I also make an amazing chocolate cake! :)

5.

List 5 transferable skills that you have delevoped. What have you used them for?

1. Teamwork: I dont always enjoy working in a group, especially when you dont know other people well, but i think as we've settled in i have been able to work better as part of a group and i do enjoy it. It's important in industry and any job i guess, to work as a group or with a team of people.

2. Speaking with confidence during crits and presentations has made me a more confident person in general, i think that when we started i was nervous about speaking in front of people i didnt know, now i know people, i can speak more confidently.

3. Time management: I have got better at managing my time, because you soon realise that there arent enough hours in the day or days in the week, so every minute matters, and i shouldnt waste them. It has helped because i now feel like i can manage all the briefs and still have time for myself because i've been using time effectively.

4. Learning Spanish: I went to the Spanish lessons for a while, and i learnt quite a lot which will be useful if i ever want to go there in the future.

5. Money management: I have realised that money doesnt grow on trees and i dont like being in my overdraft!

List 5 things that you have achieved. How have they helped you progress?

1. Making 100 pairs of glasses from card! Everyone thought i wouldnt do it, but i did! ha.. it has helped me develop my paper cutting skills!

2. Typogateaux was an achievement because i can now bake a mean chocolate cake! nom

3. Passing all the modules so far! It motivates me to work harder.

4. I can cook healthy meals, even though i make some odd stuff, its good for me!

5.

List 5 problems that you have had to face. How have you overcome them?

1. Disliking group work at the start, because everyone works differently and some people are strong minded. But the more we did group work, the more i got used to it, i tried to stay positive and enjoy working with people who had different skills to me, i learnt a lot in the end.

2. Printing downstairs in digital print became a problem when you plus everyone else try to print in morning drop ins on the day of deadline...deffo a no no, i have learnt you need to book print at least a week before you need it.

3. Managing time: when you start the course you dont realise how much work you get, so i did have trouble managing me time with graphic design time.

4. Flat mates: I had a big problem at the beginning of the year with my flat mates, they were noisy and dirtbags, so i moved flats and now im happy :)

5.

List 5 facts that you have learnt. When have they been useful?

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

List 5 things that you will never do again. Why?

1. Start a 6 week brief, 2 weeks after its been set, because i didnt do as much work as i could of.

2. The photography elective- it was not enjoyable!

3. Leave CTS till the last minute!

4. Leave updating my blog for more than a few days because it gets on top of you pretty quick.

5.

Which of these words best describes the way you work as part of a group?

- Vocal and critical

Which of these qualities do you most appreciate about yourself?

- Responsible, Ambitious, Punctuality and Humorous

Which of these attitudes best describes the way you worked at the start of the group brief?

- Organised, Focused and Direct

Which of these attitudes best describes the way you work now?

- Flexible

No comments:

Post a Comment