Monday 12 March 2012

Creative CV workshop// 6/3/12..

Today we had a workshop where we started to discuss creative CV's. We spoke about what a creative CV is and what should be included in a creative CV.

Creative CV's are a very important part of my practice because I will be sending my own creative CV out to studios that I either want to visit or I would like to gain a placement with them.

We were given a brief for the creative CV and a task to identify things about ourselves as designers and people that we could potentially add to our CV.

After the workshop we were told to start thinking about the things that we would include in our own creative CV. Here is what we had to do:

1// Identify 5 practical skills I have
2// Identify 5 creative skills I have
3// Identify 5 personal qualities I have
4// Identify 5 facts about myself
5// Write 5 statements about myself

I decided to tackle this task by first brain storming some ideas, I find it hard sometimes to think on the spot so it has taken a while for me to identify all of the things above. I also find it hard to 'big myself up', but I guess I have to have confidence in myself if I want to get a placement at an amazing studio!

Here are some of my initial ideas (it was hard to put some of them into the above categories):

- Self motivator (I can motivate myself and others)
- A laugh
- People person (I am good at talking with new people)
- Punctual (I am always on time)
- Helpful (I enjoy helping people)
- Friendly (I am easy to get on with)
- Approachable
- Love hand crafted design
- Good at paper crafting (I made 100 pairs of card glasses in first year)
- Comfortable with using Adobe Creative Suite
- I am conceptual
- I am good at idea generation
- I enjoy image based design (I enjoy photography, doodling, creating illustrative characters)
- Organised (Most of the time)
- I enjoy researching (If it is something that I am interested in)

These are my first initial ideas when we were set the task. Since then I have had the chance to really think about what I would want and need to put on my creative CV. There are really obvious things that would need to go onto my CV, like contact details including email, phone number and address.

We were told that it would be wise to make a new email address that is solely for design purposes, as this is more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment